Boulder County is chock-full of great hiking trails for dogs, full of rugged terrain, beautiful scenery and opportunities for exercise and socialization. That’s where we come in.
We’ll pick up your dogs in our safe, comfortable, secure and Colorado PACFA and U.S. Department of Agriculture-Certified Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, whisk them away to a local trail for some heavy-duty, long-distance hiking, and return them to you, exhausted and happy.
Whether it’s a high-altitude romp in the mountains, a long-distance stroll through the plains, or anything in between, you can rest assured that your dogs will get the exercise, fun and fresh air that they need. We’ll wear them out so you don’t have to.
We hike all year round, rain or shine, because dogs still need their exercise, even if the weather is not so great.
*All of our hikers are canine CPR and first aid-trained.
Any dog in good health who can handle a big hike, and with reasonably good social skills. We don’t expect perfect, little angels, but we need dogs who can operate in a group setting. Getting out on the trail with other dogs is a great way to improve on-leash behavior. Your dog will be a pro in no time!
Free, in-home consultation:
We’ll come to you, so we can meet you and your dogs face to face, and get to know each other before hitting the trail.
A typical day:
- Pick up approximately 9:00 am – 10:00 am (Home or office, whichever you prefer. You needn’t be home for pick up or drop off. You can give us a house key, hide a key, give us a garage door code or have a neighbor let us in, whatever makes you comfortable. We are background check-certified for your peace of mind. We can even coordinate pick up and drop off with other businesses such as boarding facilities.)
- Arrive at trail head approximately 10:00 am – 11:00 am
- All dogs will be harnessed and leashed.
- We will hike for 3-4 hours with breaks for water, treats and lunch (for the humans).
- Hikes will be anywhere from 6-8 miles, depending on terrain and trail conditions.
- Drop off approximately 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
*An e-mail or text will be sent after each pick up and drop off with a status update for owners who are not present.
*Dangerous weather is always a possibility. Hikes will occasionally need to be canceled to ensure the safety of dogs and hikers alike. Trail closures due to poor conditions are also a possibility. We will do our best to inform you as soon as possible should such a situation arise.
*Pick up and drop off times may be earlier or later, depending on trail location.
- Single hike: $55
- 4-Pack: $50 per hike ($200) – $20 savings
- 8-Pack: $45 per hike ($360) – $80 savings
- Single hike: $45 per dog ($90 for 2 dogs)
- 4-Pack: $40 per dog/hike ($320 for 2 dogs) – $40 savings
- 8-Pack: $35 per dog/hike ($560 for 2 dogs) – $160 savings
*Redeem dog hikes whenever you like. Prices guaranteed for one year from date purchased.
Payment: Cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express accepted.
Timberline Canine extends canine adventure hiking services to the cities of Boulder (Including Gunbarrel and Niwot), Hygiene, Lafayette, Longmont, Louisville, Lyons, Superior, and all areas in-between.
Days and Hours of Operation:
Open Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Timberline Canine observes the following holidays:
Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Call or Text: 303-579-6629
Or send us an email at email@example.com